The premises should always be safe and secure. Personal information should be protected from:
- Unauthorised access
Safety & security measures may include:
- Intruder alarms
- Locks on windows
- Adequate locks on the main doors
- Locks on rooms where personal data is stored
- Lockable filing cabinets, which are also fireproof
- Fire alarms
- Unauthorised access signage
- Training to team members
- Windows being checked before leaving the premises
A risk assessment should be carried out to highlight potential weak areas and an action plan devised. The organisation should work towards high levels of security.
- Use a premises security risk assessment
- Implement walk around procedures during the day and especially last thing at night to ensure the premises are safe and secure.