Personal information about patients includes:
- The patient’s name, current and previous addresses, bank account/credit card details, telephone number/e-mail address and other means of personal identification such as his or her physical description.
- Information that the individual is or has been a patient of the practice or attended, cancelled or failed to attend an appointment on a certain day.
- Information concerning the patient’s medical history, including their oral health and physical and/or mental condition.
- Information about discussions undertaken and agreements reached on treatment options, including costs of any proposed treatment.
- Information about the treatment that is planned, is being undertaken or has been provided.
- Information about family members and personal circumstances is supplied by the patient or others.
- The amount that was paid for treatment, the amount owing, or the fact that the patient is a debtor to the practice.