The General Dental Council’s (GDC’s) Enhanced CPD Scheme came into effect on 1 January 2018 for dentists and was introduced to Dental Care Professionals on 1 August 2018. This course helps dental professionals understand their obligations for the General Dental Council’s Enhanced CPD Scheme (ECPD) 2018.
The course provides 45 minutes of verifiable CPD.
“This is a really helpful course to outline what is required by the GDC.”
On completion of this course you will understand your obligations for the General Dental Council’s Enhanced CPD Scheme (ECPD) 2018 and you will understand how to implement the ECPD changes into your day to day work.
To become aware and accountable for the ECPD changes
To understand the following:
- The GDC’s reasoning behind the new ECPD scheme
- Your field of practice
- How to develop and maintain a personal development plan
- GDC development outcomes
- Reflective learning
- Diverse and blended learning
- Highly recommended topics
- CPD activity log
- CPD Annual Declaration
- Transitioning tool
B, C, D
- “Provided information on how to plan CPD over 5 years.”
- “I feel I have a better understanding of the new enhanced CPD requirements.”
- “This was a very good overview of the new CDP requirements. Thank you.”
- “Very good course made the new ECPD much easier to understand.”
- “This is a really helpful course to outline what is required by the GDC.”
- “This course was easy to follow and understand as well as being clear and useful.”
- “Very informative course. Made sense of the very confusing topic.”
- “Another great educational subject.”
What do you need to do?
How can I implement these new changes?
Personal Development Plan (PDP)
What does the GDC require?
Developing a PDP
Diverse and Blended Learning
Choosing Your CPD Provider
Highly Recommended CPD Topics
GDC Development Outcomes
What is reflective learning?
CPD Record of Activity
Your GDC Annual Statement Requirements
Transitioning to the Enhanced CPD Scheme
Feedback & Reflective Learning Guidance
Your GDPR Course includes
Our course material is both current and relevant; verified by leaders in the dental industry.
We use a combination of text, imagery, videos and presentations to help you get the most out of this course.
This course features documents for you to download and use in your dental practice.
Upon completion of the course you are required to complete a short feedback survey.
Frequently asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course begins when you are ready. Although the course duration is 45 minutes, you can work at your own pace, and your progress is saved automatically.
How long do I have access to the course?
After registering for the course, you have 365 days to access the course.
Does the course have a test?
Yes. There is a short assessment at the end of the course. You must achieve 80% or more to pass the course. If you do not pass, you have the opportunity to review the content and re-take the assessment when you are ready.
Does the course offer a certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a personalised certificate. This is saved to your personal dashboard. You can download and print this certificate when you require it. In addition, you are also credited with a digital badge that will feature in your personal dashboard.