“Easy to understand very enjoyable reading, enjoyed the videos.”
Mental Capacity Act – Online CPD
On completion of this course you will understand your obligations under the Mental Capacity Act 2005. You will understand how to apply this obligated duty into your day to day work in the dental practice.
The aim of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 is to provide guidance to providers of health and social care, including providers of dental care and treatment, on how best to ensure that the best possible decisions are made about the care or treatment of patients who do not have the capacity to make some decisions for themselves.
The course provides 45 minutes of verifiable CPD
On completion of this course you will understand your obligations under the legal framework for the Mental Capacity Act and you will understand how to apply this obligated duty into your day to day work.
To understand the following:
- Mental Capacity Act guidance for dental providers
- CQC & GDC guidelines and expectations
- Five key principles
- Factors affecting capacity
- Decision making and capacity
- The term restraint
- When restraint is appropriate to use
- Practice policies and procedures.
- “Easy to understand very enjoyable reading, enjoyed the videos.”
- “Makes a difficult topic to understand easy for the team.”
- “I found the course informative and answered a lot of questions I needed to know.”
- “This one was one of the hardest courses I have done so far, some very tricky questions.”
- “This course allowed me to gain knowledge on this subject and was easy to understand.”
- “Thank you for a brilliant course on this difficult subject.”
- “I loved the case study and gave me plenty of ideas.”
What is the Mental Capacity Act?
Guidance & Case Study
Five key principles
What the CQC says about the MCA
What the GDC says about the MCA
Factors affecting capacity
Two stage test of capacity
Decision making and capacity
Two conditions of restraint
The Mental Capacity Act in action
Best interest decision
Practice policies & procedures
Summary – Mental Capacity Act
The Mental Capacity Act – Quiz
Feedback & Reflective Learning Guidance
Your course includes
Our course material is both current and relevant; verified by leaders in the dental industry.
We use a combination of text, imagery, videos and presentations to help you get the most out of this course.
This course features documents for you to download and use in your dental practice.
Upon completion of the course you are required to complete a short feedback survey.
Frequently asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course begins when you are ready. Although the course duration is 45 minutes, you can work at your own pace, and your progress is saved automatically.
How long do I have access to the course?
After registering for the course, you have 365 days to access the course.
Does the course have a test?
Yes. There is a short assessment at the end of the course. You must achieve 80% or more to pass the course. If you do not pass, you have the opportunity to review the content and re-take the assessment when you are ready.
Does the course offer a certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a personalised certificate. This is saved to your personal dashboard. You can download and print this certificate when you require it. In addition, you are also credited with a digital badge that will feature in your personal dashboard.