What is the Annual CPD Membership?
Are you a dental professional looking to gain access to a comprehensive suite of online training material? Are you looking to complete your CPD?
Our Annual Membership offers you all of that and more.
Get access to more than 55 online, verifiable CPD courses plus future course releases and new training material.
- Automatic enrolment on all our online courses.
- Highest-quality online dental training material.
- All courses are written and reviewed by industry experts.
- Certificates awarded upon completion of each course.
- Achievements stored in your online account.
- Annual subscription renews automatically (but don’t worry, we’ll give you a nudge two weeks before to remind you).
The UK General Dental Council defines a complaint as any written or spoken expression of dissatisfaction about a dental service or treatment, whether justified or not.
This course looks at what complaints are, why patients complain, their expectations, handling complaints and the GDC, and explores the practical aspects of dealing with complaints.
The course provides 1 hour of verifiable CPD.
The aim of this course is to provide dental professionals with an understanding of how to handle complaints from patients in line with the regulatory bodies’ requirements.
Complaints usually arise from poor communication and the patient’s expectations of a good service level. It is often the negative factors in the relationship between the dental team and the patient that determines the patient’s decision to make a complaint. This course will show you how to deal with all aspects of a complaint.
Objectives are to:
- Explore what constitutes a complaint
- Understand the reasons patients complain
- Learn how to manage patient expectations
- Understand GDC requirements in relation to complaints handling
- Provide practical solutions to dealing with complaints.
The course provides 60 minutes of verifiable CPD.
GDC Development Outcomes: A