CQC Essentials – What you need to know now
Are you a dental professional seeking a better understanding of what the CQC are looking for when the inspect your dental practice?
The CQC constantly evolves their inspection processes with the aim of making them more efficient and more effective.
Significant changes to how the CQC inspects and regulates became effective in April 2015 and further changes were introduced in April 2018.
Practices that had their last inspection in 2012 can expect to see almost no resemblance to their experiences at that inspection.
Practices that had their last CQC inspection between 2013 and before April 2015 will also see a huge difference between that inspection and an inspection that would take place now.
The objective of this course is to provide practical guidance on how best to become and remain compliant and how to ensure your practice is on a path of continuous improvement.
The learning outcomes are to help you understand:
- Changes to how the CQC inspects and regulates.
- What the CQC is looking for when they inspect.
- The CQC’s Fundamental standards.
- The importance of recording and acting on significant incidents.
- The most common areas of non-compliance.
- How to organise your evidence of compliance.
- How to demonstrate your compliance.
- How best to prepare for your inspection.
- The importance of involving the whole team in compliance.
The course provides 1 hour of verifiable CPD.