Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection
The course provides 30 minutes of verifiable CPD.
GDC Development Outcomes: B, C, D
This course is intended for all members of the practice team, and also for cleaners and external cleaning contractors to ensure that environmental cleaning and disinfection is carried out in a safe and effective manner during the outbreak of COVID-19.
There are extremely robust infection control and cleaning procedures for dealing with BBVs but much less robust procedures for air-borne viruses and respiratory viruses that are spread through contact with contaminated surfaces.
Additions to standard infection control and environmental cleaning procedures are therefore considered necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic and possibly beyond.
The aim of this course is to provide up to date guidance on the environmental cleaning and disinfection of dental practices in the context of COVID-19.
During this course you will learn:
- Correct procedures for cleaning and disinfecting general and clinical areas.
- Correct equipment for cleaning and disinfection.
- Correct Personal Protective Equipment procedures for cleaning.
- Cleaning and fallow times.
- How to clean correctly after the last patient of the day.
This course provides 30 minutes of ECPD.