Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection
This course is intended for all members of the practice team, and also for cleaners and external cleaning contractors to ensure that environmental cleaning and disinfection is carried out in a safe and effective manner during the outbreak of COVID-19.
There are extremely robust infection control and cleaning procedures for dealing with BBVs but much less robust procedures for air-borne viruses and respiratory viruses that are spread through contact with contaminated surfaces.
Additions to standard infection control and environmental cleaning procedures are therefore considered necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic and possibly beyond.
The aim of this course is to provide up to date guidance on the environmental cleaning and disinfection of dental practices in the context of COVID-19.
During this course you will learn:
- Correct procedures for cleaning and disinfecting general and clinical areas.
- Correct equipment for cleaning and disinfection.
- Correct Personal Protective Equipment procedures for cleaning.
- Cleaning and fallow times.
- How to clean correctly after the last patient of the day.
This course provides 30 minutes of ECPD.
GDC Development Outcomes: B, C, D.