Inoculation Injuries and Safer Sharps
On completion of this course you will gain the knowledge and tools to understand and implement safe working systems to prevent the risk of blood borne virus exposure and injury.
The objectives of this online course are that learner understands:
- Preventive measures to avoid inoculation injury
- Dealing with the risk of infection
- Complying with RIDDOR
- Safe and effective decontamination duties for the team
- Step by step guidance for sharp injuries
- Understand the Health and Safety (Sharp Instruments in Healthcare) Regulations 2013
- Requirements of employers and contractors
- Effective management of safer sharps
- Appropriate team training.
GDC Development Outcomes: C
This course provides 60 minutes of ECPD.
An inoculation injury is the most likely method of blood-borne virus (BBV) transmission in dentistry. Inoculation injuries include needle-stick injuries, bites or scratches from patients and splashes to the eye with infected material.
This course will provide you with the knowledge to implement safe working systems to prevent the risk of inoculation injuries and the possible exposure to blood borne viruses.
The course provides 60 minutes of verifiable CPD