Introduction to Infection Control and Decontamination
As dental professionals, to fulfil our professional responsibilities and our duty of care, we need to undertake infection control and decontamination processes to provide a safe working environment for our patients and all practice team members. We need to protect our patients and all team members from cross infection and reduce the transmission of blood-borne viruses and SARS-CoV-2.
This online course will provide you with a clear understanding of why we need infection control and decontamination procedures and how we can achieve robust infection control measures in the dental practice.
This course aims to provide an introduction to infection control and the importance of having robust infection control measures within your dental practice.
The learning outcomes from this course are to provide a better understanding of:
- What we need to protect our patients and our team members from.
- Why we need to undertake infection control and decontamination processes.
- When we should undertake testing and validation.
- Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice procedures.
- How we can ensure we provide a clean and hygienic environment that is safe for our patients and our team members.
- Who tells us what we need to do.
- Policies, procedures and audits that are required for robust infection control measures.
GDC Development Outcomes
Course Duration: 30 minutes