What is the Annual CPD Membership?
Are you a dental professional looking to gain access to a comprehensive suite of online training material? Are you looking to complete your CPD?
Our Annual Membership offers you all of that and more.
Get access to more than 55 online, verifiable CPD courses plus future course releases and new training material.
- Automatic enrolment on all our online courses.
- Highest-quality online dental training material.
- All courses are written and reviewed by industry experts.
- Certificates awarded upon completion of each course.
- Achievements stored in your online account.
- Annual subscription renews automatically (but don’t worry, we’ll give you a nudge two weeks before to remind you).
New Patient Journey
Coming out of general lockdown has proved to be considerably more difficult than going into lockdown. This is also the case for dental practice re-opening. Many new measures are required to make dental practices safe with the aim of protecting clinicians, team members and patients and reducing the transmission of COVID-19.
Dental practices in the UK were ordered to close on 23 March 2020, with dental care being restricted to providing advice, analgesics and, when appropriate, antibiotics. Over time, a number of Urgent Dental Care Centres were established to provide urgent and emergency care for patients if triaging proved unsuccessful.
Whilst much has been learnt about SARS-CoV-2 since it was first notified to the World Health Organisation at the end of December 2019, much remains unknown. Consequentially there is a lack of high-quality evidence of how best to provide protection to the dental workforce and their patients.
New Patient Journey
The aim of this course is to provide you with a new understanding of what a patient’s journey will be like in a dental practice during the COVID-19 pandemic. This course is suitable for the whole dental team.
Objectives are that you will learn:
- The UK COVID-19 Alert Levels.
- How to emerge from lock down in your practice.
- How to use a risk-based approach.
- How the new patient journey will be in practice.
- The clinical symptoms of COVID-19.
- Which patients can and can’t be seen in general dental practices.
- Advice and instructions for patients attending your practice during the pandemic.
This course provides 30 minutes of ECPD.
GDC Development Outcomes: B, C, D.