Radiology and Radiation Protection Module 3
Module 3 aims to give you the knowledge and understanding in the restriction of exposure to employees and the public. You will learn how to select, install and maintain all x-ray equipment. You will also be given the knowledge to risk assess radiation in your practice and the correct training requirements for you and your team following IRR17 and IRMER17.
The objective of this e-learning course is that upon completion, the learner will:
- Be aware of optimisation and the ALARP principle.
- Understand the requirements for selection, installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Appreciate the purpose of the radiation risk assessment and the factors involved.
- Be familiar with the requirements for training and ongoing CPD in radiology.
- Recognise the need for additional training in the use of and referral for CBCT.
GDC Development Outcomes: C, D
This course provides 60 minutes of ECPD.
This online, verifiable CPD course is aimed at dental professionals looking to fulfil their GDC requirements in Radiology and Radiation Protection. Meets Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017 (IRR17) and Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017 (IRMER17).
Module 3 explores ‘optimisation’ and keeping the dose to the patient as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP), including selection, installation and maintenance of equipment. It also considers the factors involved in a radiology risk assessment and the requirements for training and ongoing CPD in radiology and radiation protection.
This course is suitable for the whole dental team.
Course duration: 1 hour.