Radiology and Radiation Protection Module 5
This course aims to provide dental professionals with the knowledge and understanding of developing and reviewing procedures and protocols that are required in radiation protection.
The objective of this e-learning course is that upon completion, the learner will:
- Be aware of the written procedures that are required in the practice.
- Understand the purpose of the procedures and protocols.
- Appreciate the responsibilities of duty holders under the regulations.
- Be familiar with the factors to be considered in developing the written procedures.
- Recognise the need to review and update the procedures regularly.
GDC Development Outcomes: C, D
This course provides 60 minutes of ECPD.
This online, verifiable CPD course is aimed at dental professionals looking to fulfil their GDC requirements in Radiology and Radiation Protection. Meets Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017 (IRR17) and Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017 (IRMER17).
Module 5 is concerned with the written documentation required to comply with IRMER17 regulations. It details all the employer’s written procedures with an explanation of their purpose, where responsibilities lie in implementation, and the factors to be considered in developing and reviewing the procedures and protocols.
This course is suitable for the whole dental team.
Course duration: 1 hour.