Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and an understanding of the importance of thinking about the risks we face as individuals, as part of our family and home life and the new risks in dental practice, risk and the need to reduce risk wherever possible has taken on a significance that arguably it may not have done in pre-pandemic times.
In more ‘normal’ times, risk, risk assessments and risk management are often seen as at best a minor inconvenience and at worst an unnecessary distraction from running the practice. The idea that they need to be undertaken annually is usually greeted with a loud groan
This course is intended for all members of the dental team.
The aim of this course is to provide up to date guidance on how best to assess and manage risk in ‘normal’ times and also during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
During this course you will learn:
- The definition of risk and hazard.
- What risk management means.
- Risk assessments and the frequencies to undertake them.
- How to understand qualitative and quantitative measures.
- Patient risk assessments during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Risk assessments for the dental team during the COVID- 19 outbreak.
This course provides 60 minutes of ECPD.