Sepsis is a life-threatening condition that can arise when the body’s abnormal immune response to an infection causes organs to start failing.
This online, verifiable CPD course is for dental care professionals.
The course provides 60 minutes of verifiable CPD.
On completion of this course you will understand your obligations in relation to recognising the life-threatening symptoms of sepsis. You will also understand how to apply this obligated duty into your day to day work.
The objectives of this course are that you will understand the following:
- What sepsis is and who is at risk?
- CQC, GDC & NICE guidelines and expectations
- Out of hours arrangements
- Severe pericoronitis protocols
- Warning signs of sepsis
- Clinical notes and good record keeping
- Sepsis and dentistry
- Reducing the risk of sepsis
- Prevention of sepsis advice to patients and dentists
- Factors that increase sepsis after dental treatment
- Practice procedures, protocols and paperwork.
GDC Development Outcomes: A, C
Sepsis claims 52,000 lives per year (The UK Sepsis Trust) and because of the rapid onset of the condition, the difficulty in diagnosing it and the potentially catastrophic consequences of a failure to diagnose and treat patients suffering from sepsis in time; it is, unsurprisingly, a frequent news item in the media.
This online, verifiable CPD course for dental professionals will help you understand your obligations in relation to recognising the life-threatening symptoms of sepsis, and you will understand how to apply this obligated duty into your day to day work.
Suitable for the whole dental team.
The course provides 1 hour of verifiable CPD