“Very thorough and helpful. Good that we can download helpful inventory forms.”
UK GDPR for Dental Practices
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018. This regulation replaces the existing data protection framework under EU Data Protection Directive.
The current data protection framework still forms the majority of the GDPR regulations however the GDPR introduces some new elements.
This course is ideal for those with a responsibility for achieving compliance within the practice such as the practice owner, principal dentist, practice manager etc.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation came in to force on 25 May 2018. Following the withdrawal of the UK from the EU they became the UK General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR), although there is very little change in the requirements.
Our course is aimed at those with a responsibility for achieving UK GDPR compliance within the dental practice and is ideal for data controllers and practice managers.
The aims of this course are to help you understand:
- Your legal obligations under the GDPR
- How to implement the changes you need to make to become compliant
- What this means for your day to day work.
On completion of this course you will understand:
- Who is accountable for what under the GDPR
- GDPR principles & common terminology
- The ICO’s recommended 12 steps
- Your legal basis for processing data
- Changes to consent, privacy rights & access rights
- Data protection breaches
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Data Protection by Design & Default
- The role of the Data Protection Officer or Data Protection Lead
- Privacy Notices – what you need to communicate and to whom
- What you need to do now to prepare for the GDPR.
The learner should be able to:
- Interpret the GDPR terminology
- Understand who is responsible for data protection
- Apply GDPR principles to the work setting
- Demonstrate and determine the legal basis for processing personal data
- Compare and modify changes in the data protection law
- Plan and implement new practice procedures for data protection
- Mitigate risks using data protection impact assessments & design by default methods
- “I am now more informed about the requirements of GDPR and how to implement these into my practice.”
- “Very informative and relevant.”
- “This course really made me think about my working routines, and will make me change a few things.”
- “Very thorough and helpful. Good that we can download helpful inventory forms.”
- “Easy to use and understand the language used.”
- “Excellent course with thorough details for GDPR.”
More than 4,000 completions
This is one of our most popular courses. We’ve issued more than 4,000 certificates to dental professionals just like you for GDPR for Dental Practices.
More than 98% of dental professionals who completed this course would recommend this course to others.
What do you think of GDPR for Dental Practices?
See some of our course feedback below
“Excellent as always. Always find your course very informative, thanks”
“Great Course. Easy to understand and I like that it was in short parts.”
“Excellent course, informative and concise. An easy-to-understand way of explaining GDPR”
Step 3: Communicating with Team Members and Patients (Privacy Notices)
Step 4: Personal Privacy Rights
Step 5: Access Rights
Step 7: Consent
Step 8: Children’s Data
Step 9: Reporting Data Breaches
Step 10: Impact Assessments Preview
Step 11: Data Protection Officers (DPO)
Step 12: International Organisations
Data Protection fees
GDPR Summary Preview
GDPR for Dental Practices
Your GDPR Course includes
Our course material is both current and relevant; verified by leaders in the dental industry.
We use a combination of text, imagery, videos and presentations to help you get the most out of this course.
This course features documents for you to download and use in your dental practice.
Upon completion of the course you are required to complete a short feedback survey.
Frequently asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course begins when you are ready. Although the course duration is 2.5 hours, you can work at your own pace, and your progress is saved automatically.
How long do I have access to the course?
After registering for the course, you have 365 days to access the course.
Does the course have a test?
Yes. The GDPR for Dental Professionals course features a short quiz at the end of the lessons.
Does the course offer a certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued a personalised certificate. This is saved to your personal dashboard. You can download and print this certificate when you require it.
In addition, you are also credited with a digital badge that will feature in your personal dashboard.