Dental Care Professionals – GDC CPD Deadline 31 July 2022
As a registered dental professional, you are required to maintain your Continuing Professional Development (CPD). This is to ensure that you keep up to date with the latest skills and knowledge in dentistry, as well as health and safety best practices. The CPD deadline for this year is fast approaching, so we wanted to give you a reminder of the requirements.
- Your CPD year is 1 August to 31 July.
- Ensure you’ve completed at least 10 hours of verifiable CPD in the last two-year period (unless in the first year of your first cycle).
- You need to make your Annual CPD Statement by 28 August, using your eGDC account Login to eGDC (egdc-uk.org)
- Submit your End of cycle CPD Statement if you have just finished a five-year cycle.
- The CPD you complete after 1 August will be counted toward the following year.
The General Dental Council (GDC) does not typically ask to see continuing professional development (CPD) records. However, there are a few situations in which the GDC may request to review your CPD records. These include restoring to be on the GDC register, if you have failed to make your annual CPD statement or if you are suspected of not complying with CPD requirements. Occasionally, the GDC will also randomly select dental care professionals for an audit of their CPD records. In any of these cases, you need to be able to produce accurate and up-to-date records of their CPD activities.
You can apply for a little more time to complete your CPD at the end of your cycle by contacting the GDC for a grace period (they will give up to 56 days).
Your CPD provider & verifiable CPD
The GDC asks all registrants to check that their chosen CPD provider can offer evidence of verifiable CPD. This means that the provider must be able to show how the CPD activity meets the GDC’s standards for quality. At Apolline, we are proud to say that our training courses are fully compliant with the GDC’s expectations for verifiable CPD. Our courses are regularly updated and run in line with our quality assurance programme, so you can be confident that they will meet your CPD needs. We also have a dedicated team of advisors who are always on hand to answer any questions you may have about our courses or the GDC’s requirements. So, if you’re looking for a CPD provider that can offer evidence of verifiable CPD, look no further than Apolline.
We have 25,000 dental professionals that have trusted us for their online training and we recently issued our 60,000th certificate. And out of these sixty thousand course completions, the average rating (across all of our courses) remains 98% or more.
Introducing… Our Annual CPD Membership
The best way to take advantage of our online courses is to become an Apolline CPD Member. For just £39.99 per year, you get access to our full suite of dental-specific online courses.
Why become an Apolline Annual CPD Member?
- First, it’s only £39.99 per year.
- Our courses will meet your GDC CPD requirements.
- So far, we have issued over 60,000 CPD since 2018.
- Our CPD courses are researched and written by qualified dentists and dental care professionals with many years of clinical and regulatory knowledge.
- Courses are reviewed and updated annually or when required by regulatory changes.
- We pride ourselves on the outstanding feedback we receive from our learners. (click here to read more)
We have issued more than 60,000 certificates
25,000 dental professionals have chosen us for the verifiable CPD training.
All of our online courses have at least a 98% satisfaction rating.