What do you know about autism and learning disabilities?
Autism is probably more common than you think. Did you know that many famous people are autistic? From Academy Award-winning actor Anthony Hopkins to Nobel Prize-winning scientist Albert Einstein, and musician Bob Dylan to serial entrepreneur Elon Musk.
Did you know that Sir Richard Branson is neurodivergent? He has dyslexia and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and he believes that those like him should not be “bypassed or put into lower classes” – and we couldn’t agree more.
It is important to recognise that learning disabilities are part of society and that, by understanding more about autism and learning disabilities, you will be better able to help and serve those around you.
From 1 July 2022, all health and social care providers registered with CQC must ensure that their staff receive training in how to interact appropriately with people who have a learning disability and autistic people at a level appropriate to their role. This new legal requirement is introduced by the Health and Care Act 2022.
That’s where we can help.
Introducing our brand new CPD course: Autism and Learning Disabilities Awareness.
This course aims to raise awareness of the challenges people with autism and learning disabilities face so that dental teams can provide better support for their patients and any team members with autism or learning disabilities.
What can you expect from the course?
In our new 60-minute eLearning course, we learn more about:
- Autism and learning difficulties
- The different types of learning disabilities and how these affect people
- Mental health conditions
- The stigma and discrimination faced by many people with autism and learning disabilities.
Finally, the course offers a practical guide to delivering person-centred dental care, making reasonable adjustments, creating the right culture, and supporting patients with autism and learning disabilities in dental practices.
This online verifiable CPD course is aimed at dental professionals and is suitable for everyone, regardless of profession. Written by experts and presented with a variety of media, we’re convinced that you will get the most out of this module and be able to apply your learning in life and in the workplace.
This online course is also included in our Annual CPD Membership
The best way to take advantage of our online dental courses is to become an Apolline CPD Member. For just £39.99 per year, you get access to our full suite of dental-specific online courses.
Why become an Apolline Annual CPD Member?
- First, it’s only £39.99 per year.
- Our courses will meet your GDC CPD requirements.
- So far, we have issued over 60,000 CPD since 2018.
- Our CPD courses are researched and written by qualified dentists and dental care professionals with many years of clinical and regulatory knowledge.
- Courses are reviewed and updated annually or when required by regulatory changes.
- We pride ourselves on the outstanding feedback we receive from our learners. (click here to read more)
We have issued more than 60,000 certificates
25,000 dental professionals have chosen us for the verifiable CPD training.
All of our online courses have at least a 98% satisfaction rating.