The CPD deadline and annual renewal are fast approaching for dentists.
All registered dentists must complete their annual renewal process via the eGDC account by 31 December 2022.
To renew your GDC registration each year, you’ll need to:
- Complete your CPD by 31 December (CPD done on or after 1 January is counted toward the following year).
- Ensure you’ve completed at least 10 hours of verifiable CPD in the last two-year period (unless in the first year of your first cycle).
- Make an indemnity declaration.
- Pay the Annual Retention Fee (ARF)
- Make a CPD statement.
- Submit a compliant annual CPD statement if you are mid-cycle.
- Make a compliant end-of-cycle CPD statement if you have just finished a five-year cycle.
You can adjust and edit your CPD Statement declaration until 28 January 2023. This allows time to manage your CPD portfolio and Personal Development Plan.
It is a good idea to complete the Annual Renewal process well before 31 December in case of any problems, such as incorrect passwords, validation codes and memorable words.
Check your registration has been successful. You should receive a confirmation email and you can also search for yourself on the GDC register.
There is a grace period for dental professionals who cannot complete their minimum CPD hours towards the end of their cycle. If you find yourself in this situation, you should contact the GDC and if approved, they will allow you an additional 56 days to complete your CPD.
A reminder of your CPD Obligations
- Dentists need to do a minimum of 100 hours over a five-year cycle.
- Spread your CPD across the five-year cycle. This is achieved through the requirement to do a minimum of 10 hours of verifiable CPD across any consecutive two-year period, including when you end one cycle and start a new one.
- You can choose to not do CPD in any given year, but you then need to ensure you do at least 10 hours the year before, or the year after, to comply. Record 0 hours in your CPD statement when you renew.
Personal Development Plan (PDP) – the GDC want to know the following information:
- The CPD you plan to undertake during your cycle, which must include CPD that is relevant to your current or intended field(s) of practice.
- The anticipated development outcomes that will link to each activity.
- The timeframes which you expect to complete your CPD over your cycle.
- Adjustment of PDP throughout your cycle.
To learn more about your ECPD requirements, you can take our free Enhanced CPD course and earn yourself 45 minutes of verifiable CPD along the way.
This online course is also included in our Annual CPD Membership
The best way to take advantage of our online dental courses is to become an Apolline CPD Member. For just £39.99 per year, you get access to our full suite of dental-specific online courses.
Why become an Apolline Annual CPD Member?
- First, it’s only £39.99 per year.
- Our courses will meet your GDC CPD requirements.
- So far, we have issued over 60,000 CPD since 2018.
- Our CPD courses are researched and written by qualified dentists and dental care professionals with many years of clinical and regulatory knowledge.
- Courses are reviewed and updated annually or when required by regulatory changes.
- We pride ourselves on the outstanding feedback we receive from our learners. (click here to read more)
We have issued more than 60,000 certificates
25,000 dental professionals have chosen us for the verifiable CPD training.
All of our online courses have at least a 98% satisfaction rating.